The Dexter Industries NXTBee sensor brings the Digi XBee radios to the Lego Mindstorms NXT system! These high-speed long-distance wireless communications sensors allow your NXT to communicate with any other device with an XBee radio. The XBee 802.15 communication protocol is the standard for robots everywhere!
Communicate Far: With the NXTBee you can send information up to 300 ft and the NXTBee PRO up to 1.2 km.
Communicate Fast: The NXTBee utilizes the high speed RS-485 line for high speed communication.
Communicate Wide: The NXTBee uses the XBee protocol which includes point to point networking and mesh networking.
- Power output: 1mW (+0 dBm) North American & International version
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 100 ft (30 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range: Up to 300 ft (90 m)
- Operating frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Receiver sensitivity: -92 dBm
- Spread Spectrum type: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, & peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries & acknowledgements
- Filtration options: PAN ID, Channel, and 64-bit addresses
- Channel capacity:
- NXTBee: 16 Channels
- NXTBee-PRO: 12 Channels
- Addressing: 65,000 network addresses available for each channel
Certifications: FCC, IC, Europe/ETSI, Australia/Ctick.
More information on the NXTBee can be found in the User Guide here.
Visit our Downloads section for blocks, example programs, and projects for the NXTBee.